Advantages of the Hydraulic system:
- When compared to the mechanical power method has a weakness in the placement of the transmission power position. It is different with hydraulic power hydraulic power lines can be placed in any place. Regardless of the position of the shaft to the power transmission as in the mechanical power system. Hydraulic power is more flexible in terms of the placement of its power transmission.
- In a hydraulic system, very small forces can be used to move or lift very heavy loads by changing the cylinder cross-sectional comparison system. This is none other than the ability of hydraulic components at very high speeds and pressures. So that small and light devices can provide enormous power. When compared with an electric motor that has the same horsepower capability. Assuming that the transmission shaft and gear sizes are needed to obtain the force that can be achieved by a small hydraulic press device. It will be proven that the hydraulic system can provide greater horsepower at the same size, even if it is for other systems.
- The hydraulic system uses mineral oil as a transferring medium. In this system the rubbing parts are covered by a layer of oil (oil). So that these parts will naturally be lubricated. This system will reduce the friction rate, and when compared to the mechanical system these parts move less. This is seen in the absence of gears, chains, belts, and electrical contacts.
- The load is easily controlled using a relief valve. Because if there are more burdens not immediately addressed it will damage the components themselves. When the load exceeds the valve adjustment capability, pumping is directly delivered to the reservoir (tank) with a certain limit to the torque or style. The pressure regulating valve also provides the adjustment of a machine to adjust the amount of torque or a certain force, such as in a gripping or gluing operation.
- Only a few of the main drives that can be reversed immediately. Usually in other systems if you want to reverse the direction of the movement, you must stop the system in full, only the reversal of the movement will be carried out.
- On an electric motor in a road state (spinning) suddenly forced to stop because the load exceeds then the safety fuse will break, so the movement system will stop. Then to revive it takes a long time besides that it also has to reduce the hauling load. Unlike the hydraulic system, the pump is unable to lift, so the load stops and can be locked in any position. When the load is reduced it can be run immediately without having to prepare again.
- Power can be stored in the actuator, and if necessary at any time can be used without having to change the position of the other components.
The hydraulic system requires an environment that is truly clean. The components are very sensitive to damages caused by dust, corrosion, and other impurities, as well as compounds that affect the properties of the hydraulic oil. Because dirt will join the hydraulic oil which will then rub against the friction areas of the hydraulic components so that leaks will arise so that it will reduce the efficiency of the machine.
Various things that can result in lowering the efficiency, the hydraulic system requires intensive care. This will be very prominent when compared to mechanical transmission systems, or other systems.