What is Functional Block Diagram (FBD)?
The primary concept behind an FBD is data flow. A Functional block diagram describes a function between input and output through a functional block.
- FBDs use data flows through feature blocks from left to right.
- Inputs and outputs can be inverted
- Function blocks can have variable argument list sizes
- When arguments are left off default values are used
A FBD contains..:
- All major components
- Interface to the outside world
- Interface between subsystems
- Identify power, data and structural interface
- Should answer
how the statement of mission is fulfilled