What is PCB?
PCB, which means Printed Circuit Boards are assembled and compact model of circuit board used in electronic devices and computers. The circuits are formed by a thin layer of conducting material deposited, or “printed,” on the surface of an insulating board known as the substrate.
Why is it most PCBs are in green colour?
The green colour of the board is the colour of outer covering of resin called the solder mask or solder resist/oil. The solder mask resist board from moisture and dust and to control the flow of molten solder.
PCB Fabrication procedure:
The basic material in the manufacture of PCB is copper cladded laminate. The laminate consists of two or more layers insulating reinforced materials bonded together under hat and pressure by thermosetting resins used are phenolic or epoxy. The laminates are manufactured by impregnating thin sheets of reinforced materials with the required resin. The laminates are divided into various grades by national electrical manufacturers association (NEMA).
- Now do the artwork preparation: It defines the pattern to be generated on the board. In industrial applications, the artwork is drawn on an enlarged scale and photographically reduced to required size. For an ordinary application of simple single sided boards artwork is made on ivory art paper using drafting aids
- After taping on an art paper and photography the image of the photo given is transformed on silk screen printing, rest the board to dry painting
- After drying the paint, the etching process is carried out, The etching is the process of chemically removing unwanted copper from the board.
- The next stage after PCB fabrication is solder making the board to prevent tracks from corrosion and rust formation.
- Assemble the components into the board as the reduced photo
- After assembling is the soldering the components as per the circuit.