A HART communicator is a portable device, based on HART communication protocol. A HART communicator works as a secondary master in a control loop. A field communicator supports both HART and Foundation Fieldbus devices.
HART communicator devices are used to check variables online and for calibration purposes. The communicator is portable, thus wireless runs in the battery. This is a charging device.
A HART communicator device consists of:
- LCD display
- Charging cable
The screen and keypad let you select menu items and enter text. Use the provided stylus or the up and down arrow keys on the keypad to select a menu item.
Possible connection of HART instruments:
- HART communicator connection to HART control loop
- Connecting HART directly to other HART devices
- Connecting communicator to HART loop through 250-ohm resistor for safety.
Displaying the connected device & setup variables:
Setup the connection of communicator to the HART device properly. On the communicator display shows an online menu:
This menu displays critical, up-to-date process information that is continuously updated, including device setup, primary variable (PV), analog output (AO), PV lower range value (LRV), and PV upper range value (URV). From the menu select the device setup to show overview, configure service tool.
To setup variables:
- Go down to other options PV, PV LRV, URV as you needed to set up. Change the values as you needed and save to the device.
- An asterisk will appear next to the parameter name of any un-sent item.