Here we look at, how functional test is done for solenoid valve using instrument air.
Solenoid Valve Testing:
- Air supply is connected to the Air Filter Regulator (AFR).
- Set the stress required in the AFR and link the AFR outlet to the Solenoid valve.
- Connect outlet of Solenoid Valve to a Ball valve.
- Connect a pressure gauge at the Solenoid Valve outlet.
- The aim of Test Gauge is to verify the inlet line stress depends on SOV energy.
- Ball valve used to stop the functional testing
Typical Solenoid valve Test Set-up:
- Check the nameplate for the manufacturer/instrument datasheet. Confirm the voltage / current scores of the solenoid valve (consider + 24V DC device in our instance)
- Check the solenoid valve port configuration.
- Hook-up tool according to the typical sample configuration.
- Apply air-specified valve port stress and link 24VDC to valve terminals with solenoid.
- Switch on the 24VDC energy supply, inspect the energy valve by controlling the stress of the sample gage (increasing pressure).
- Turn off the supply. Confirm the de energized valve, inspect the value of the sample gage again (Diminishing stress)
- Tabulate all result in Check Sheet.