What is Rack room layout diagram?
A rack room layout diagram is a two-dimensional elevation drawing that depicts the arrangement of control system cabinets like system cabinet and Marshalling cabinet inside the rack room. It is usually a scaled design that represents the overall floor diagram of the rack room with elevations.
What is purpose of rack room layout diagram?
- The rack room layout drawing is used to depict the floor plan of entire rack room and its contents.
- The rack room layout will show the location and details of Control system cabinets, IPS/FGS cabinets, HVAC cabinets, CCTV Cabinets, Light Distribution Panels etc.,
- The rack room will show location of operator stations if any for local control.
- The rack room layout also shows the main entry and exit points to the building and also the Emergency exit points along with cabinet/Equipment movement access points.
- It is used by Instrument technicians to lay cables from field up to the specific cabinets.
- It is used by Instrument Engineer during maintenance and troubleshooting to locate the cabinet inside the rack room.
- It is used by Planning Engineers to identify the existing rack room space to plan commissioning for any future panels inside rack room.
- It is used by CCTV Engineers to locate existing cameras and also to identify locations to install any new cameras.
What are the inputs required for preparing the rack room layout diagram?
Below mentioned are few inputs required for making rack room diagrams
- List of Equipments
- Equipment details like Cabinet/Panel number, Description etc.,
- Cabinet/Panel dimensions
- Rack Room Floor Plan with Entry and Exit details
- Rack Room Location Map
Simple drawing of the rack room is shown below.