- DCS works as a tool to control a loop system where one loop can happen some control process.
- Working as a replacement of separate manual and auto control tools to be a unity to be easier for maintenance and use
- Data and data collection means to be obtained a really desired process.
DCS philosophy in the planning
- investment security & expandability
How DCS works?
DCS as an automatic control system works in a way
- Collect data received from the field
- Processing the data into a standard signal
- Processing standard signal data obtained with the applicable control system so that it can be applied to obtain a suitable value for signal correction.
- If there is an error or data deviation, then correction is made from the data obtained in order to reach the intended standard value
- After a correction from the data, a deviation occurs a measurement or data collection is performed from the field
Advantages of DCS:
- Access a large amount of current information from the data highway.
- Monitoring trends of past process conditions.
- Readily install new on-line measurements together with local computers.
- Alternate quickly among standard control strategies and readjust controller parameters in software.
- A sight full engineer can use the flexibility of the framework to implement his latest controller design ideas on the host computer