What is a Temperature Gauge?
- It is a field-mounted temperature sensor.
- It measures the present temperature of the body.
- The temperature gauge is a dial-type temperature-indicating device.
- The gauge is used only for display purposes, but this is not used to control the temperature of the body.
- Temperature gauges are available in various dial sizes, various ranges, and in different scales such as Degrees-Celsius and Degrees Fahrenheit scales.
- Most of the process industries use gauges having a Degree Celsius scale.
Various types of gauges used in industries
Bimetal Dial Thermometer Temperature Gauge
- The bimetal Dial thermometer consists of a bimetal strip in the form of a helix
- It works on the principle of thermal expansion: when two metals with different coefficients of expansions are joined to form a bimetal. The expansion of bimetal is proportional to changes in temperature.
- Bimetal dial thermometers are simple in construction.
- Rugged construction with Protection class IP-67
- Suitable for most industrial process applications
- The temperature range varies from – 50 to 600 Degrees Celsius.
- It has a rigid stem with a fast Response is fast.
- Hermetically sealed case.
- It is available with bottom entry, back entry, and every angle rotatable construction.
- Accuracy ± 1%Full Scale Deflection.
- Repeatability is high and has minimum hysteresis.
Ordering Information MODEL: BDT
Gas Filled Dial Thermometer Temperature Gauge
- Gas-filled dial thermometer temperature gauges defeat the limitations of other temperature gauges
- It operates over a wide temperature range of about – 200 to 800 Degrees Celsius
- The stem is offered without accuracy loss.
- The capillary length of this dial-type gauge is up to 25m
- Inert (N2) gas is nonhazardous, and the nontoxic nature of the filled systems makes it an ideal choice for a cross-section of industries.
- Suitable for sanitary application
- All SS construction
- Rigid stem or capillary type
- Fast response
- High reliability and accuracy ± 1% FSD
- IP-67 protection
|Reference Standard||ASMEB 40.200, EN 13190|
|System||Nitrogen Gas filled compensated in accordance with SAMA CI. Ill B|
|Dial||100 mm or 150 mm aluminium white background with black markings.|
|Case||Stainless Steel-304 or 316 with bayonet bezel.|
|Protection||Weatherproof IP – 67 class (IS/IEC : 60947 / IEC : 60529)|
|Window||Shatter proof glass|
|Pointer||Aluminium, black, micrometre adjustable|
|Stem||Stainless Steel- 304 or 316 in 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, and 12 mm diameter as standard Connection|
|Connection||11/2 inch NPT adjustable.|
|Range||(-) 200°C to 800°C with a minimum span of 80°C|
|Accuracy||± 1% FSD|
|Over range||125% Full Scale Deflection up to max temperature range of 500°C|
|Reset||Micrometer Pointer (standard)|
|Optional||Silicon Oil Filled Case Suitable for about 339°C|
Ordering Information: GDT-R / GDT-C
GDT-R – Rigid Stem
GDT-C – Capillary Type
Liquid-Filled Dial Thermometer Temperature Gauge
- Temperature measurement is based on the principle of liquid-filled expansion
- Temperature range (-) 30°C to 250°C
- Replaces mercury-type thermometers.
- Used in various industries such as food processing, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology.
- The main advantage is the minimum immersion length required for sensing (30mm) which makes it suitable for lower line sizes
- Rugged construction.
- Accuracy ± 1% FSD
Ordering Information LDT-R / LDT-C:
LDT-R – Rigid Stem
LDT-C – Capillary Type
Indicating Temperature Switch
- Combines indication with switching in order to make or break the associated electrical circuit
- Can be offered with contact assembly as well as micro switch (as a combination of switch and movement)
- Fast response
- Switching accuracy ± 2% FSD
- High repeatability and low hysteresis
- Flameproof version available
- Case compensated system
Ordering Information MODEL : GDT-SW-R / GDT-SW-C
GDT-SW-R – Rigid Stem
GDT-SW-C – Capillary Type
Digital Display Thermometer / Indicator
The Digital / Wireless Thermometer range is replaced by digital temperature gauges. These digital gauges are contemporary more superior in technology.
- Universal RTD or Thermocouple input.
- BATTERY Powered.
- USB & NFC Interface for easy data transfer.
- Alarm or Relay configured to indicate lower battery status .
- User set display messaging.
- 5000 Point data logging along with Real-time clock.
- This is not only a temperature-displaying unit.
- It functions as a data logger to download the information by using an android application.
- It displays information such as over temperature and low battery.
DM-650TMSCH4: Digital Display with IP67 Plastic Housing:
- This consists of a battery-powered indicator 6-digit LCD to display sensor temperature in Degrees Celsius and in Degrees Fahrenheit scale.
- It allows the user to display up to two messages of up to 32 characters.
- the user has the option to set an alarm within a temperature range.
- The translation relay is used together with messaging and alerts to provide switching at user-set switch points.
- Data logger to store up to 5000 points.
- Feature highlights include relay trips, data logging functions, and battery-powered and real-time clocks.
DM-650 TMSS: Digital Display with Stainless Steel Housing:
- It consists of stainless steel housing, best suited for rough climatic conditions. It also includes a DUAL relay. The two transition relay is used together with messaging and alerts to provide switching at user-set switch points.
- Feature highlights include dual relays, a data logging function, battery-powered, real-time clock (great for stamping data logged points).
DM-650TMSSF: Digital Display with Stainless Steel body and panel for Wall Mounting:
This indicator features all of the above functions. The addition is a Stainless Steel mounting panel that can be used for an application requiring the indicator to be fixed on a wall or panel.