1. What is SCADA?
SCADA stands for Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition is a system that refers to a combination of telemetry and data acquisition.
SCADA is a real-time supervision, monitoring and information handling scheme. Components of SCADA include Master Station, Remote Station / Remote Terminal Unit and Telecommunications Media.
2. What are Features of SCADA software ?
SCADA’s popular characteristics include Dynamic Mimic Process, Trends, Alarm, Hardware Connection, Recipe Management, etc.
3. Who are the leading SCADA manufacturers?
- Invensys Wonderware InTouch
- Siemens WinCC (Earlier COROS)
- Allen Bradley RS View (Earlier Control View)
- Intellution iFix (Earlier Fix DMACS)
- GE Fanuc Simplicity
4. List various EXE files used in InTouch Software and there role
InTouch :It’s a manager of the application. You can use this to build a fresh request. Moving between different apps.
- View: Windowviewer. This will start
Runtimeapplication. From thisyou can monitor and control the plant.
- WM: WM.XE is the manufacturer of windows. This will launch the InTouch development package. You can use this to create the application
5. What are the advantages of SCADA over other protocols?
SCADA enables users to generate object-oriented graphs, offering trending graphs for real-time information analysis.
SCADA also handles big data, allowing you to create a database system that shows trends over several years. This allows users to access important data that can be used for future growth.
6. What is DDE?
DDE is the acronym for dynamic data exchange. DDE provides a communication protocol that enables communication signals to be sent and received by machines. Microsoft created this protocol
7. What is RTU?
RTU is a remote terminal device in full form. The remote terminal devices connect the sensor to the process control and transform the sensor to digital data
8. How does SCADA handle data?
SCADA system collects information and sends it to a data processing central computer. Using the SCADA software, information is managed and displayed to the user. Also, SCADA logs information on who is running reports and the data being used.
9. At what voltage does an RTU operates?
10. What are Trends?
Trends implies information graphic representation. To show graphical depictions of various
Real-time trends enable you to chart up to four pens (information values), while historical trends enable you to chart up to eight pens.
11. What types of Licensing patterns used in SCADA software?
There are two types of licenses are used, it is a hardware lock that can be placed on the PC’s communication port. Software lock: this is the
12. What happens to alarm monitoring if the primary alarms serve fails?
The servers are mirrored and all functions are transparently transferred to the users or ongoing functions.
13. What happens to monitoring if the primary server fails?
No transmission to users is transparent and all functions are as usual
14. How to backup critical tasks such as plant floor I/O alarm and trends?
The redundant server mirrors all server functions. The system offers local information backups or storage with backup systems on a network client.
15. What is CIMPLICITY?
CIMPLICITY is a SCADA package. it is based on a
Data collection and distribution is the responsibility of servers.